printVarSummary question

From: Marston Johnston <shejo284_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Dec 05 2013 - 07:47:22 MST

Hi,

I'm a fan and admirer of NCL and the support one recieves with this
software.
I use NCL more and more and like to make a suggestion.
The printVarSummary summarises a variable but, if the variable is an array,
it does
not return a max and min of the array, providing the array is numeric. I
understand that this procedure handles all kind of variables; I just feel
that it could be enhanced if it also returned max and min if the variable
is numeric, returns the value if it is
scalar, etc., and truly summerizes the variable.

Kindest regards,
/M