comparing rainfall from stations with model calculations

From: sangeeta maharjan <sangeetamaharjan_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Dec 12 2013 - 00:04:30 MST

Hi ,

I used the available script wrf_Precip2.ncl to compare rainfall
measured from stations and model calculations (WRF). I have carried a
month long simulation for the month of july( monsoon).

The total rainfall received in july at each of the stations are
about 350mm (added each of 15 minutes interval data). As I did the
same with wrf output files( hourly data) it gave around 302203 mm.
rain_tot = rain_exp + rain_con

The output of rain_tot(:,locY,locX) shows that its value is increasing
every hour and reaches to 450.0669 mm at the end of the calculation
period. The sample output of rain_tot(:,locY,locX) attached in this
mail for your reference.

I would appreciate any help on it.

Thank You.
Sangeeta Maharjan.