Fwd: Error while accessing RANGS, please respond

From: Alberto Mario Striedinger Pinilla <astriedinger_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Dec 14 2013 - 13:14:03 MST

​Dear all,

I am having 2 problems when plotting contour maps of a variable with ncl
6.1.2. Please let me know what could be causing these to happen:

Problem 1:
I am plotting while accessing RANGS. I have no problem if I use the medium
or low resolutions. But once I try to use RANGS I get these errors:

fatal:MapRGDHDrawMapList: MDRGOL/MDRGOF - ERROR OPENING RANGS/GSHHS CAT FILE
fatal:PlotManagerPostDraw: error in plot post-draw
fatal:_NhlPlotManagerDraw: PostDraw error

I thought the problem was permissions and ownership, but all folders and
files (including .nc files) are not restricted.
At the end I do get the plot I want but, the coast lines do not appear, and
the labels, titles, and other texts in the plot do not appear either.

Problem 2:
This may be a trivial problem, but I Say it anyway​
​My colour scale is nit working properly, I am using the colour name :
gsn_define_colormap(wks,"
WhViBlGrYeOrReWh") --line : 347 in the code
But the colours appearing are not those set in the NCL website. THe NCL
default colours do work though.
------

The RANGS in my directory are all in the same folder rangs, and where
recently replaced yesterday just in case I happened to have bad files, but
that did not help either.

I am providing two plot files, one that works under the lower resolutions,
and the one using RANGS.
I am providing the code I used, the file from the variable comes from, and
this is the code line I used when executing the commands on bash:

./contour_var_thanet.sh
~/Documents/thanet/test/wrfout_d03_2010-03-19_00\:00\:00 y y 51.27 1.27
51.67 1.8333 HFX 0 nc -62 -45 2

where : ~/Documents/thanet/test/wrfout_d03_2010-03-19_00\:00\:00 is the
file location
where: y y 51.27 1.27 51.67 1.8333 HFX 0 nc -62 -45 2 is the input to my
code.
The code line wehre I use the map resources for the RANGS is : --line 282

I thank you in advance, and look for your response.

 wrfout_d03_2010-03-19_00:00:00<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwvkUSU9qTmzZ045NWF3LW1DNUU/edit?usp=drive_web>

Alberto M. Striedinger. P.
Student Intern Researcher at MeteoConsult .NL.
MSc. Sustainable Energy Technology
Eindhoven University of Technology
BSc.Mechanical Engineering
Universidad del Norte & USF