Re: ncl strange calculation problem

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Dec 17 2013 - 11:19:56 MST

This doesn't really answer your question, but I'll note:

- my calculator returns "-E-"
- C/C++/Java all return NaN
- Python returns the same result as your calculator

The man-page on C/C++'s "pow()" function state:

   pow(x,y)
   …..
   A domain error occurs if x is finite and negative and y is finite and not an integer.

(under MacOSX; similar verbage under Linux)

Ncl undoubtably uses the pow() for its computation.