Re: ESMF_RegridWeightGen not found

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Dec 27 2013 - 13:26:51 MST

Hi Sean,

As we discussed offline, if you downloaded the "ncl_ncarg-6.1.2.MacOS_10.6_64bit_gcc460.tar.gz" binary from the www.earthsystemgrid.org website, then you should have "ESMF_RegridWeightGen" already.

If you are not seeing this file:

  ls $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ESMF_RegridWeightGen

then one of the three things might be the reason:

  1. NCARG_ROOT is not set to the correct parent directory

  2. NCL was not installed from the "ncl_ncarg-6.1.2.MacOS_10.6_64bit_gcc460.tar.gz" tar file, but rather from source code. ESMF_RegridWeightGen is not part of our software stack and has to be built separately.

  3. The special (and not widely known) "ESMFBINDIR" environment variable is set, but doesn't contain this executable.

In any case, I have provided the "ESMF_RegridWeightGen" binary for MacOS 10.6 on our ftp:

    ftp ftp.ucar.edu
    <log in as "anonymous">
    <Use email address as password>
    cd /pub/scd/haley