calculate percentiles with 3-d data

From: Cary Lynch <lynchc6_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jan 02 2014 - 14:19:31 MST

I have been trying to calculate percentile thresholds (i.e. extremes) for
data that is dimensioned (ntim,nlat,nlon) using NCL commands, but with no
luck using dim_pqsort_n. Without resorting to cdo commands, is there a way
to do this in NCL? I am aware of the examples given in:

ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/system_4.ncl

and ncl.ucar.edu/Support/talk_archives/2010/0945.html

--
Cary Lynch