Adding a NCL v6.1.2 colormap into v6.1.1

From: A.J. Eiserloh <arthur.eiserloh_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jan 14 2014 - 18:20:20 MST

Is it possible to add a color map (eg. "matlab_jet") created for v.6.1.2
into NCL v6.1.1 without having to download the latest NCL version. I tried
just downloading the .rgb file from NCL's website and putting it into my
colormaps directory, but I keep getting the error :
fatal:CvtStringToCmap:Unable to convert string "matlab_jet" to ColorMap

-- A.J.