how to generate transparent pdf output

From: Santanello, Joseph A. (GSFC-6170) <joseph.a.santanello_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jan 07 2014 - 17:59:02 MST

Hi,

A few months ago I generated PDF output from NCL and the plots had a transparent background (not the white box behind the plot). Now, when running the same script I have the white background present in all output and I cannot get rid of it. I need it transparent as before. Running NCL 6.1.2 now and I'm unsure if that has changed since the previous set out transparent output was produced, but if it did it was an incremental NCL update only.

Also, I did nothing to specify the transparent output initially, it just worked out that way.

Thanks,
Joe