"proleptic_gregorian" Support in Date Routines

From: Albert Yau <albert.yau_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jan 28 2014 - 08:38:36 MST

Hi everyone,

I found that the date routines in 6.1.2 are not yet fully supporting the
"proleptic_gregorian" calendar. For example, days_in_month will return
"illegal calendar" for this input. I have this problem while processing
some of the CMIP5 model's data. It is a trivial fix in datesW.c which I
have attached here, I hope it has already been included in the next release.

I have to say thanks for all of you developers, I am really looking forward
to the automatic time rebasing feature in 6.2.0, because one particular
model has monthly netcdf data with different units for a hundred years.
Right now I have to edit and save all the nc files before calling addfiles.

Best regards,
Albert