Fwd: month_to_season calendar error?

From: Marston Johnston <shejo284_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Feb 17 2014 - 06:17:24 MST

Hi again,

I'm resending this post as I fear it may have fallen between the cracks and
that is why I've not gotten any response so far. The NCL group is quite
fast in responding so I suspect this email may have gotten lost.

I'm trying to match two datasets: model and reanalysis in time and
geographically. Each dataset has the dimensions (ntime,nlat,nlon). The time
increments are monthly for a number of years. In matching the time, I also
took into consideration that all years should have 12 months of data. My
problem occurs when I have sliced the
model data and apply the function: month_to_season; I get a shift in the
year for a model that uses the 360_day calendar but not for models that use
another type of calendar. Is this an error in the month_to_season function
or am I not understanding the function correctly?

There is a test code attached: test.ncl and I can provide the datasets upon
request.

The output is found in the log file (attached).

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Marston