gsn_contour problem with data falling in same range

From: Vaibhav Saxena <saxena.vaibhav_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Feb 16 2014 - 23:31:24 MST

Hi All,

I am trying to plot the contours for the parameter T2 (Temp at 2m) in WRF
output file using the gsn_contour function. I wanted to set the countours
levels explicitly so I used the "cnLevelSelectionMode" resource and set it
to "ExplicitLevels". Then I specified my contour levels as
"opts@cnLevels= (/10,20,25,26,27,27.5,28,29,30,35/)". The problem
which I am facing is
that when all the data values fall in one range (say 10 - 20 or 28 - 29),
I get a white image and my contours are not plotted. I checked the data
values and found that they are not constant but they fall in the same
range. I neither get any error nor any warning. What do I do to avoid this
and get a contour (which will be obviously of one color depending upon the
range the data values fall into)?

Thanks,
- Vaibhav

--