Re: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

From: Daniel Packman <pack_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Feb 24 2014 - 16:10:08 MST

>> I am writing the .nc formatted variables into ascii files. The dimension of the output files would be 103936 lines and 5 columns. I don't know why it always got error msg:
>> Segmentation fault (core dumped) when it goes half-way done. Does anybody know why?
>> I am using the write_table function.

Can you change the size of your problem and have it complete without an error?
If so, you might have run out of resources and need to increase a ulimit.
Perhaps try “ulimit -S -s unlimited” before your run. This will increase to
unlimited your stack size. It could be that another resource is being exhausted
or something else is going on entirely.