Re: Special needs when reading netCDF4 files in NCL?

From: Wei Huang <huangwei_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 06 2014 - 09:14:25 MST

Bill,

For just reading, you do not need to use the setfileoption procedure,
as NCL can detect and automatically read NetCDF3 or NetCDF4.
But, for writing, that option will enforce NCL to write NetCDF4 file.

Could you please provide us more details of the error message,
or a sample file?

Thanks,

Wei

huangwei@ucar.edu