pdfx algorithm

From: Ioana Colfescu <colfescu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 06 2014 - 07:34:15 MST

Hi ,

Can someone point me out what is the algorithm ( or the source where I
can find the algorithm) of the pdfx function in NCL ?
If one takes 3 different random time series the area under each PDF
should be 1 no matter what ( is a probability right ? ) but - attached -
it can be clearly seen that one of the pdf curves is completely under
another one so both areas can't be 1. The first is probably 1 ( or the
second ) and then the other is smaller than bigger than one if they are
covering completely each other so I don't understand what's going on.
Being able to look at the algorithm would help.
Thanks,

Ioana