data coincidence?

From: <lsmith_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 12 2014 - 14:21:43 MDT

Hi gang,
I'm comparing two large satellite datasets and I want to know where they agree
in lat, lon, and time within certain ranges. The datasets vary in
terms of number of array dimensions, etc.
This must be a fairly common problem in atmospheric science?
I don't appear to have enough RAM to do the obvious thing: read in the
2 sets of time, lat, and lon, loop over them and do a bunch of if
comparisons.
Does anyone have any good tricks or methods?
Any particular NCL built-ins you like?
Thanks for any info!
-Lesley