Re: Reading variable only

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 13 2014 - 07:04:09 MDT

It is not clear to me what you want to do. Further, the code
snippet is not legal: eg: vNames = dimsizes(vNames)

    fils = (/"station_data_1.nc","station_data_2.nc",..../)
    nfils = dimsizes(fils)

    f = addfile (fils(0),"r") ; read from 1st file
    vNames = getfilevarnames(f)
    print(vNames)

    nv = ? ; use vNames to select the index

    do nf=0,nfils-1