Re: WRF Data Contour-Fill/Smoothing Flaws

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Mar 03 2014 - 22:50:12 MST

Hi Brian,

You said you ftp’ed your files, but we need the exact names of the files in order to retrieve them.

I am not familar with the WRF smoothing function, but my first suggestion would be to try not using any smoothing. You said this is high-resolution data. Did you try raster fill (res@cnFillMode = “RasterFill”) and then try res@cnRasterSmoothingOn = False if needed?

—Mary