Re-gridding to Polar Coordinates & Rotating

From: Tom Hultquist <hultq016_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Feb 06 2014 - 13:58:50 MST

I have data in cartesian (lat/lon) coordinates that I need to re-grid to
polar coordinates (with a fixed lat/lon (x/y) coordinate within the files
serving as the 0,0 point in the r, theta polor coordinate grid). In
addition, once re-gridded, I need to remap the grid by changing the theta
value (would be a variable change from file to file depending upon a given
delta-theta I would set). Is this doable within NCL, or will I need to find
a way to do this prior to bringing the data into NCL (and if that is the
case, does anyone have a suggestion on how to do so). Thank you.

tom

Tom Hultquist
University of Minnesota
Department of Soil, Water, & Climate