Error in running ncl 6.1.2

From: Tabish Ansari <tabishumaransari_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Mar 03 2014 - 23:50:39 MST

Hi

I have been running NCL 6.1.0 successfully on my supercluster (wit SUSE
linux) however, I wanted to read in NetCDF-4 format files so I was trying
installing the latest NCL 6.1.2 on my laptop (with Ubuntu 12.04).

I downloaded the tarfile for the following pre-compiled binary:
*ncl_ncarg-.1.2.Linux_CentOS5.9_i686_nodap_gcc412.tar.gz*

However, on running I get the following error:

ncl: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.1: cannot open

Also I do not understand what is OpenDAP enabled/disabled and what should I
go for and why?

--
Thanks & Regards
Tabish Umar Ansari