Re: Questions about SkewT plot

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Mar 14 2014 - 07:36:16 MDT

The documentation indicates how to not draw the U.S Standard Atmosphere

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/skewt.shtml

Set the the following resource to avoid drawing the standard atm.

    DrawStandardAtm = False

I had forgotten the wThin resourse which is also documented.

     dataOpts@Wthin = 1 ; Plot a subset of the winds. Default =1
                                ; =1 means every wind barb
                                ; =5 would mean every 5-th
                                ; wind report would be plotted.

---
I think it would be VERY difficult to extend this plot to higher levels.
It manually specifies where various quantities should be at the corners.
Not shure where you would get that information.
There may be skewT in other languages that go higher than 100hPa.
Check the WWW.
Good luck