about local variable in defined function and procedure

From: wen <wenguanhuan_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Mar 16 2014 - 23:51:23 MDT

Hi ncl-users and Dennis,
    I recently define ncl-fuction and procedure by myself to faciliate my processing. I don't think I am familar with the local variable. I find that some functions and procedures pre-defined in "contributed.ncl" and others do not have local variable, but some do. I am wandering when the function or procedure should have local variable. Could you give me some examples to show the necessary to define local variable in a function or procedure. Thank you!

--
Best regards
Guanhuan Wen