streamline density

From: WuLongtao <aos_rain_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Mar 11 2014 - 17:17:55 MDT

Hello,

For different plots, I would like they have same
maximum/minimum and spacing for streamlines so that the changes of
streamline density can represent the change of wind speed. I use
gsn_csm_streamline_contour_map_ce in NCL 5.1.1 for these plots. I tried
to use the following settings, but it didn't work:

                 res@stLevelSelectionMode = "ManualLevels"
                 res@stMinLevelValF = -100
                 res@stMaxLevelValF = 100
                 res@stLevelSpacingF = 10

How can I control my streamline plots? Thanks!

Other settings I used for streamlines are:
                res@stLineThicknessF=3
                res@stArrowStride=4
                res@stMinArrowSpacingF = 0.004
                res@stArrowLengthF = 0.01
                res@stLineColor = "black"
                plot2 = gsn_csm_streamline_contour_map_ce(wks,u,v,rh,res)

Best,

-Longtao