Re: nedcdf to grib

From: Kyle Griffin <ksgriffin2_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Mar 23 2014 - 08:08:46 MDT

It is not possible - NCL does not write in GRIB2 formats. CDO is the option
most commonly suggested by others on the list, although I don't have much
experience with it myself. It is quite possible that the GRIB tables for
CFSv2 are not included in CDO and you may have to do some of that work
yourself. It may also be possible to edit some of the model code to specify
the particular names of the variables in the GRIB files.

However, the key point is that NCL cannot write GRIB files and you'll have
to use another tool. Good luck!

Kyle

Kyle S. Griffin
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Room 1421
1225 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53706
Email: ksgriffin2@wisc.edu