NCL Version 6.2.0 now available

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Apr 02 2014 - 20:54:12 MDT

The NCL team is pleased to announce the release of NCL version 6.2.0.

This release contains quite a few new features, graphical improvements,
bug fixes, a ton of new color tables.

For full details, see:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/current_release.shtml

To download, visit:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/

Of particular note in this version:

 - Raster contouring now supports transparency.

   If you are drawing raster contours over maps and have missing values
   in your data, you may now see gray-filled missing value areas instead of
   white-filled areas. This is not a bug. :-)

   This is because the missing value areas are now transparent, and hence
   any gray-filled land that was underneath the missing value areas will now
   be visible. If this is undesired, set:

   res@cnMissingValFillColor = “white”

 - Many NetCDF-4 read/write bugs were fixed (this is in reference to the
   NetCDF-4 “new” format, and not the NetCDF-4 “classic” format).

 - Significant speed-up for polyline and polygon drawing code, and raster contouring.

 - Improvements to the “thin line” graphical issue.

   Some people reported seeing thin lines showing up in their color-filled
   plots. This is due to a cairo bug, which we’ve reported to the cairo folks.
   Meanwhile, we’ve made some improvements to the internal fill code to
   improve this situation.

If you have any questions, problems, or concerns about this release, please email
them to ncl-talk@ucar.edu. For installation questions and problems, send email to
ncl-install@ucar.edu.

--Mary Haley, on behalf of the NCL team