NCL Map Distance Scale Labelbar, or Second Axis

From: Paul Quelet <ptquelet_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Mar 11 2014 - 14:04:42 MDT

Dear NCL Talk,

I was wondering if there was anyone out there that has created a Map
Distance Scale Labelbar for NCL. I understand that it should be relative to
its placement on the world, using something like the Haversine Formula:

http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Haversine_formula

Would this be possible to setup a second axis across latitude or longitude
with these distances?

The reason I ask is that I am making a very small mesoscale / microscale
map, and it would be quite nice to show such distances on the plot.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

--Paul Quelet

*Paul T. Quelet*
Department of Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences
University of Colorado at Boulder

*Email*:
ptquelet@gmail.com