Re: getvardims show missing dimension; but in fact, there is one dimension with printVarSummary

From: Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Apr 13 2014 - 16:20:43 MDT

Yi-Chih,

In NCL, each dimension of an array may have a name. The dimension names
are optional. If a name has not yet been assigned to a dimension, then the
function "getvardims" returns the string "missing" for that dimension.
 This is why you are getting this result.

For more information on dimension names, please read:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Ref_Manual/NclVariables.shtml#Dimensions
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Getting_Started/basics.shtml#NamedDimensions

--Dave