Re: Plot a regridded file and incorrect map

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Apr 04 2014 - 09:57:44 MDT

Hi Deniz,
For rectilinear (1D latitudes/longitudes) grids, you typically do not
want to set tfDoNDCOverlay= True, as doing that basically just places
the data on the map without conforming to the map projection (as I
understand it.). There is also no reason to set trYReverse = True, and
on a more minor note you do not want to set gsnMaximize in both your
individual plot and your panel resource lists.

So, definitely remove the following lines from your script:
res@trYReverse = True
res@gsnMaximize = True
res@tfDoNDCOverlay = True

Even after doing this though, things are not correct as both your
latitudes and longitudes seem inversed in some way. I took a look at
your had_remap.nc file using ncview, and ncview confirmed what I am
seeing in NCL, in that things look reversed.

So, I would advise that you look at your regridding coding to make sure
all is well.

If your have any further questions, please respond to the entire
ncl-talk email list.
Adam