I have a question about csa2ld function.

From: 김미애 <toa0710_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Apr 11 2014 - 10:41:38 MDT

Dear NCL team,
I have a question about csa2ld function, which makes interpolation with cubic spline algorithm.I attached two figures. First one is Arctic elevation scattered data before interpoation. Empty region (white) above N65 in first figure that has fill value 1.844674407370955e+19. Second one is a result that I did csa2ld. This looks very weird. I think 1.844674407370955e+19 fill values used in running csa2ld, so values are so high and looks circular shape. I thought fill value automatically is excluded with respect to function of csa2ld like a function of dim_avg_n_Wrap.I want to use this function without fill value. Are there another options or other functions to running cubic spline interpolation algorithm without fill value?

&lt;First figure&gt;

&lt;Second figure&gt;

knots = (/4,4/)h1 = csa2ld(coord(:,0),coord(:,1),k1,knots,coord(:,0),coord(:,1)) Sincerely yours Thank you.
Miae
Miae Kim
School of Urban and Environment Engineering
Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST)
UNIST-gil 50, Ulsan 689-798, South Korea
Mobile: +82-10-9421-8287
E-mail: toa0710@naver.com