Assign array to a new file: merging several 3d arrays into a 4d array

From: Tabish Ansari <tabishumaransari_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Apr 17 2014 - 13:56:27 MDT

Hello

I have a netcdf files (say file1 to file10) with some 3d array variables of
the form varname(z,x,y).

Now I want to create a new netcdf file (say newfile) with 4d arrays that
will contain all the variables corresponding to file1 to file10. This will
be of the form:

varname(time,z,x,y)

where varname(0,z,x,y) comes from file 1 varname(z,x,y)
         varname(1,z,x,y) comes from file 2 varname(z,x,y)
         varname(2,z,x,y) comes from file 3 varname(z,x,y)

 and so on...

​For this I want to first declare a 4d array of the form:

varname = new((/10,5,100,100/),float)

but how do I assign this array to the newfile?​

--
Thanks & Regards
Tabish Umar Ansari