Re: Question about converting ncgm to DGM

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Apr 18 2014 - 09:59:52 MDT

SuHan,

The NCGM format is an internal format (NCAR CGM) that is not easily converted to other formats. It's an older format that we encourage people not to use, unless they need to use the "zoom" features in "idt" to examine an NCGM file.

You can try converting your NCGM to a PS file using ctrans, but the PS file that is created is an older format:

ctrans -d ps.color -simulatebg file.ncgm > file.ps

For more information on ctrans, see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Tools/ctrans.shtml

If you are able to re-run the program that generates the NCGM, then I recommend writing the output to a PS or PDF file instead of an NCGM, and then you should have a "better" PS file than what ctrans will generate.

--Mary