Re: opacity in scatter plot?

From: Kyle Griffin <ksgriffin2_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Apr 17 2014 - 10:29:39 MDT

Interesting find, Ufuk. Your error comes from the fact that
gsMarkerOpacityF is, in general, used exclusively for the addition of
markers via gsn_add_polymarker. What you've done, instead, is try to use it
in an xy plot, where there are an entirely separate set of xyMarker
resources. This is interesting because, as of yet, there is not
documentation for an xyMarkerOpacity resource.

Although I haven't looked at the code myself or tried to validate my
thoughts here, I would guess this is an NCL bug - or perhaps more
appropriately, a lack of feature so far.

Kyle S. Griffin
Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Room 1421
1225 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53706
Email: ksgriffin2@wisc.edu