unable to plot domain

From: Geeta Geeta <geetag54_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Apr 25 2014 - 05:21:56 MDT

  Hi. I am very new to NCL and I started with plotting the domain . I m using plotgrids.ncl script. bash-3.2$ ncl plotgrids.ncl  Copyright (C) 1995-2007 - All Rights Reserved  University Corporation for Atmospheric Research  NCAR Command Language Version 5.0.0  The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.  See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details. warning:Unable to load System Resource File /usr/local/lib/lib/ncarg/ sysresfile warning: WorkstationClassInitialize: Unable to access rgb color database - named colors unsupported:[errno=2] warning:["Palette.c":1533]: NhlLoadColormapFiles: Invalid colormap directory: /usr/local/lib/lib/ncarg/ colormaps fatal: NhlCvtStringGenArrayToFloatGen Array:Unable to Convert "white" warning:Error retrieving resource wkBackgroundColor from DB - Using default value fatal: NhlCvtStringGenArrayToFloatGen Array:Unable to Convert "black" warning:Error retrieving resource wkForegroundColor from DB - Using default value warning:GKS:GSTXFP: --X driver error: error opening fontcap warning: CvtStringGenArrayToCmap:Unable to find rgb of "white", using white warning: CvtStringGenArrayToCmap:Unable to find rgb of "black", using white warning: CvtStringGenArrayToCmap:Unable to find rgb of "White", using white warning: CvtStringGenArrayToCmap:Unable to find rgb of "ForestGreen", using white warning: CvtStringGenArrayToCmap:Unable to find rgb of "DeepSkyBlue", using white warning: CvtStringGenArrayToCmap:Unable to find rgb of "Red", using white warning: CvtStringGenArrayToCmap:Unable to find rgb of "Blue", using white fatal:Undefined identifier: (wrf_wps_dom) is undefined, can't continue fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 119 in file plotgrids.ncl -bash-3.2$ Cannot understand the problem. warning:Unable to load System Resource File /usr/local/lib/lib/ncarg/ sysresfile these are the ENV variable set for my terminal. NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local/lib NETCDF=/oprn/model/wrf3/utils/ netcdf NLSPATH=/usr/dt/lib/nls/msg/% L/%N.cat:/usr/dt/lib/nls/msg/ C/%N.cat:/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/% N:/usr/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N.cat OBJECT_MODE=64 ODMDIR=/etc/objrepos OLDPWD=/oprn/model OPTERR=1 OPTIND=1 -bash-3.2$ echo $NCARG_ROOT /usr/local/lib -bash-3.2$ So I changed the following lines in plotgrids.ncl load "$NCARG_ROOT/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl" load "$NCARG_ROOT/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl" ;load "./WRFUserARW.ncl" But I am unable to find out the problem. Geeta. Geeta.