Re: A question about processing HDF-eos when using ncl-6.2.0

From: Cheung <zuibeidemei_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Apr 28 2014 - 21:37:03 MDT

Hi Wei:

              Thanks for your response.

              I put an example online https://github.com/slashgithub/test_2btau,

              which contains data and test script, please download and check it.

---
Regards
Cheung
At 2014-04-29 00:53:57,"Wei Huang" <huangwei@ucar.edu> wrote:
Cheung,
Can you point us a data you are using, so we can take a look?
Thanks,
Wei
On Apr 23, 2014, at 6:23 AM, Cheung <zuibeidemei@126.com> wrote:
 Dear all:
                  I just came across a different  result when I use ncl-6.2.0 processing the HDF-eos file from CloudSat, before I was using 6.1.0.
        This particular variable is layer_optical_depth  from 2b-tau as documented http://www.cloudsat.cira.colostate.edu/dataSpecs.php?prodid=2.
        I used to use:
        var = short2flt(eos_file->layer_optical_depth_2B_TAU)/100 to retreive the "actual" value in float from this file due to a factor of 100.

        However, in this new version, I found I need to "xxxxx/10000" to  retreive the "actual" value in float.
        I'm not sure what happen during this process, any comment is appreciated.
Regards
Cheung