Re: turn on x-ticks for all plots in xy_23.ncl?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue May 06 2014 - 16:08:15 MDT

Liz,

This script sets the following resource, which turns off *all* top tickmarks:

; res@tmXTOn = False ; Turn off top tickmarks

To turn on the major tickmarks, try:

  res@tmXUseBottom = False ; Make top axis independent of left
  res@tmXTOn = True ; Turn on top tickmarks
  res@tmXTMinorOn = False ; Turn off top minor tickmarks

The top tickmarks always want to copy the bottom tickmark behavior, so that's why I had to set tmXUseBottom to False.

-Mary