Re: Fortran intrinsic functions

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu May 22 2014 - 11:17:53 MDT

Inadvertently, I responded only to Lei Meng.
===============================

NCL (written in C) is not fortran.
Why would you expect NCL to understand fortran intrinsics?
===
trim: Please see the string functions:
       http://test.www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/string.shtml

       Specifically,

http://test.www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-
in/str_squeeze.shtml

http://test.www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/str_right_strip.shtml

Also, str_left_strip, str_strip

===
rewind: you give no indication of how you use this.