Re: dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___emutls_get_address

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri May 23 2014 - 14:37:20 MDT

Hi Ruben,

I think the issue is that you have an older gcc on your system than what version 6.2.0 of NCL was built with.

The NCL MacOS 10.9 binary was built with gcc version 4.7.1, and you appear to have version 4.2.1.

You might try downloading a newer version of gcc via MacPorts. This will install the software to /opt and hence shouldn’t overwrite the gcc that is installed in /usr/bin.

If you have MacPorts installed, try:

sudo port install gcc47

If you don’t have MacPorts, you can get it from:

http://www.macports.org/install.php

You can see the list of the versions of gcc compilers offered by MacPorts by going to:

http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=category&substr=lang

and then going to the page that has the “gcc-xxxx” ports.

Can you post back to ncl-install and let us know whether this worked for you, and I’ll add it to our FAQ.

Thanks!

—Mary