Re: EASE grid and esmf warning messages

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu May 22 2014 - 14:47:09 MDT

Dave,

I think the issue is that your lat/lon arrays contain missing values all along two rows and two columns. Even though you are setting the SrcMask array, it still has trouble because of the nature of the missing values.

One possibility is to treat this as an unstructured grid, by throwing away all the missing points, and saving the valid points in 1D arrays for a call to unstructured_to_ESMF. See the attached script.

This is a unique example that could be useful for our ESMF regridding page. If you could provide me with the variable you want to regrid, and what you are regridding to (or from), then I can try to come up with a complete example for this page.

Thanks,

--Mary