Interpolating sounding data to a height grid

From: brianjs _at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah <_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue May 27 2014 - 15:50:52 MDT

Good Afternoon,

I have a small (and possibly simple) question to ask. I am attempting to
develop vertical profiles of potential temperature, total wind speed
magnitude, and atmospheric water vapor content for the 100-3000 meter
layer, at 100 meter intervals from sounding data available in netcdf
format). I attempted to interpolate it to the given levels I want with
the linint1_n_Wrap command, but all I get are missing values. I am not sure
why this happens, as plugging in model or other forms of gridded
data/output work just fine with this same routine. I am guessing the
sounding data is not organized the way it appears to be? Has anyone had
this issue before? I appreciate any input as to why the data goes missing.

I have attached my code and one of the input sounding data files. Thank you
in advance!

Brian Squitieri
Graduate Research Assistant
Iowa State University