Re: NCL on Cygwin: PCFFHL -- Invalid fontcap encoding encountered

From: Ruping Mo <rupingmo_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jun 02 2014 - 22:28:20 MDT

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your help. I tested the program attached in your email. Below
is the output:
</home/mor/test> ncl text_16.ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2014 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.2.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
fatal:syntax error: line 8 in file text_16.ncl before or near \n
nicely
------^
fatal:error in statement
fatal:syntax error: line 12 in file text_16.ncl before or near *
*
^
fatal:error in statement
 PCFFHL -- Invalid fontcap encoding encountered.

I tested it with other versions of NCL (6.1.2 and 6.1.0) and the outputs
are all the same (So my previous statement of earlier version is
incorrect). So it could be problems associated with CYGWIN 1.7.29

I have checked the environment variable NCARG_ROOT and it is correctly set.

Ruping