Re: Panel plots

From: Karin Meier-Fleischer <meier-fleischer_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jun 11 2014 - 10:07:03 MDT

Hi Freddie,

you've made everything well except you've forgotten to set two =
resources.

If you look at your PS file you can see that it has 5 pages - 4 pages =
containing just one plot and a 5th plot
with the correct panel plot. If you set

  res@gsnDraw = False ;-- don't draw plot =
yet
 res@gsnFrame = False ;-- don't advance =
frame

The single plots won't be plotted but the gsn_panel will create the =
panel plot at the end.

Bye,
Karin

Am 11.06.2014 um 15:11 schrieb Freddie.Mpelasoka@csiro.au:

> Hi Karin,
>
> Sorry, I attached a wrong version of my script.
>
> I have attached the updated version. It just gives 1 panel.
>
> Cheers, Freddie

Behalf Of Karin Meier-Fleischer
> Sent: Wednesday, 11 June 2014 10:46 PM
> To: ncl-talk@ucar.edu
> Subject: Re: Panel plots
>
> Hi Freddie,
>
> when I run your script it returns an error:
>
> fatal:Variable (ts3) is undefined
> fatal:["Execute.c":8128]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 35 in =
file MyFirstScatterPlot.ncl

> You have defined only ts1 and ts2, ts3 and ts4 are undefined in your =
script. Could you send
> us the complete script you are working with.
>
> Bye,
> Karin
>
> Am 11.06.14 14:40, schrieb Freddie.Mpelasoka@csiro.au:
> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to produce a scatter plot with 4 panels, but I end up =
having a single panel. Apparently, I get no error or warning. I am =
seeking for help. Please have a look at my (small) script in the =
attachment together with 2 sample data files. Many thanks in advance.

> Cheers, Freddie

> =
<MyFirstScatterPlot.ncl><samplefile1.txt><samplefile2.txt><test_scatter.ps=