using Fortran function from NCL ...

From: <u.utku.turuncoglu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jul 09 2014 - 06:25:27 MDT

Hi,

I am just trying to use a Fortran procedure from NCL. In this case, the
NCLFORSTART and NCLEND like following

C NCLFORTSTART
      subroutine uvrot(u, v, xlon, gridfc, clon, clat, ix, jxp)
!
      implicit none
!
!-----------------------------------------------------------------------
! Imported variable declarations
!-----------------------------------------------------------------------
!
      integer ix, jxp
      real*8 u(jxp,ix)
      real*8 v(jxp,ix)
      real*8 xlon(ix,jxp)
      real*4 gridfc, clon, clat
C NCLEND

and i am calling it as

  u2 = todouble(uas(indx,:,:))
  v2 = todouble(vas(indx,:,:))
  lon = todouble(xlon(jx|:,iy|:))
  EX02::uvrot(u2, v2, lon, gridfc, clon, clat, nlat, nlon)

in this case, it works without any problem but i need to change the order
of dimension of the "lon" argument to make it run. I know that NCL uses
different memory storage and indexes (see following link),

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Tools/WRAPIT.shtml#Example_5

but i could not understand why only "lon" argument needs dimension
reordering. It might also needed for "u2" and "v2". Right? By the way the
dimensions sizes are exactly same for "u2", "v2" and "lon". Anyway, i just
wonder that is this related with some limitation of WRAPIT?

Best Regards,

--ufuk