Re: problem in paneling vector-contour plots.

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jun 17 2014 - 10:59:36 MDT

OK, I see what you are saying about differences in alignment with
tfDoNDCOverlay.

Unfortunately, I am at a loss as to what to suggest further. I suspect the
reason it appears to be working in the single plot case is that your script
does not invoke overlay() in that instance; it is effectively a graphical
overlay. When overlay() is used for the paneled plots, I believe it to be
a coordinate based overlay/transformation, and your contour plot is in a
very different coordinate space than the vectors (degrees-lat vs. scaled
radians?) I tried plotting the vectors in degrees, and while I got vectors
on the overlay/panel plots, their magnitudes were very different from your
single-plot case.

Hopefully someone else may know what to suggest....

Rick