regrid from ascii text

From: Marcella, Marc <MMarcella_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jun 09 2014 - 14:57:30 MDT

Hi all,

I have an ascii file that was basically written out from a 1km gridded data=
set to this said text file. I am trying to "reconstruct" the data and put i=
t back on a 2D grid. The text file has the corresponding (1D arrays) for l=
at and lon values at 1km resolution and the corresponding data value at tha=
t point. What is the best technique to put this back on a 2d grid? I trie=
d following the ESMF_regrid data example for "unstructured" data, but the r=
esults look a little bit off (i.e. the regrid fills in the data for locatio=
ns where the value should be NaN which subsequently "stretches" the data). =
 Is there another simple yet better approach to take this data and place it=
 on a regular grid to map in NCL?

Thank you for the help in advance!

Marc