Re: function dimension error

From: Karin Meier-Fleischer <meier-fleischer_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Jun 22 2014 - 15:31:24 MDT

Hi Amadou,

I don't really know if I understand you right, because you gave the =
answer by yourself.
You defined the function with 3 arguments but you call it with 4 =
arguments - that's the
error as described below.

Either you change the definition of the function or you change the call =
of the function.

Bye,
Karin

Am 22.06.2014 um 22:55 schrieb Amadou Coulibaly <mpapin24@gmail.com>:

> Hi NCL users,
>
> I have a dimension problem of my function. When I tried to run my =
script, it will show me this error.

> fatal:syntax error: function create_one_station_plot expects 3 =
arguments, got 4
> fatal:error at line 233 in file panel_plot_mod.ncl
>
> fatal:syntax error: function create_one_station_plot expects 3 =
arguments, got 4
> fatal:error at line 243 in file panel_plot_mod.ncl
>
> fatal:syntax error: function create_one_station_plot expects 3 =
arguments, got 4
> fatal:error at line 253 in file panel_plot_mod.ncl
>
> fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
> fatal:error at line 257 in file panel_plot_mod.ncl
>
> At the beginning of my script, I defined that function as:
>
> function create_one_station_plot(wind_spd, wind_dir, filename)
> which contains 3 arguments.
>
> But in my script so far, for panel plot, this function is:
>
> plots(0) = create_one_station_plot(wks, wind_spd_cotonou, =
wind_dir_cotonou, "cotonou")
> Which contains 4 arguments.
>
> How to solve this problem?
>
> See attached my script.
>
> --
> COULIBALY AMADOU
> PhD Student on West African Climate System (WACS)
> FUTA - Federal University of Technology of Akure, Nigeria
>
> Visiting Researcher - University of Cologne, Germany
> Institute of Geophysics and Meteorology
> Pohligstr. 3 / Office 3.102
> D-50969 Köln
>
> Project: WASCAL (West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change =
and Adapted Land Use)
> Phone:(+234) 810 795 2836 /(+223) 65 67 27 57 /(+226) 64 57 37 27 /+49 =
15218352574

> E-mail: mpapin24@gmail.com / coulibalya68@yahoo.com
>
> "The time is always right to do right": Nelson Mandela
>
> "Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is =
what we think of it; the tree is the real thing" : Abraham Lincoln

> "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore =
Roosevelt

> <panel_plot_mod.ncl>_______________________________________________
> ncl-talk mailing list
> List instructions, subscriber options, unsubscribe:

Dipl. Geophys. Karin Meier-Fleischer
Application Support, Visualization

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH E-Mail:
meier-fleischer@dkrz.de

Bundesstrasse 45a Internet: http://www.dkrz.de/
20146 Hamburg Phone: +49 (0)40 460094 126
Germany Fax: +49 (0)40 460094 270

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784