calculating daily SST anomaies

From: antonio avio <antonioavio_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat Jun 21 2014 - 00:31:41 MDT

Hi NCL,

I tried to calculate the SST anomalies by the following commands:

 data = f->sst(iStrt:iLast,{20:90},:)
  printVarSummary(data)
  data@_FillValue=-999

  climo = clmDayTLL( data, yyyyddd )
  copy_VarAtts( data, climo )
  printVarSummary( climo )

  climoHarm = smthClmDayTLL( climo, 3 )
  copy_VarAtts( data, climoHarm )
  printVarSummary( climoHarm )
  delete(climo)

  data = calcDayAnomTLL( data, yyyyddd, climo )
  printVarSummary(data)
  ;delete(climoHarm)

I got the following errors:

(0) smthClmDay_TLL: No missing values allowed: ezfftf does not allow
(0) smthClmDay_TLL: nFill=607560

I do realize this issue due to missing data over the land/continent (of
course), then I turn of these lines:

 ; climoHarm = smthClmDayTLL( climo, 3 )
 ; copy_VarAtts( data, climoHarm )
 ; printVarSummary( climoHarm )
  ; delete(climo)

and calculated the anomlies directly from the daily climatology, but the
results are still very strange..
anyone can suggest me the best way to calculate sst daily anomalies? do i
have to mask the file prior to calculation?

thanks
Antonio