Conversion of List Object to array changed from 6.0 to 6.1. Why?

From: Karl-Hermann Wieners <karl-hermann.wieners_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jun 25 2014 - 04:31:31 MDT

Hi all,

with (admittedly ancient) ncl 6.0.0, I had a script that collected data =

in a List object and then converted this List into an array using e.g.
   my_list = [/ 42, 43, 44 /]
   my_array = my_list[:]

   print(my_array)
would then list an array with three elements.

Now, with ncl 6.1.0 and better,
   print(my_array)
shows a List object of 3 items

But if I set the list type to "join",
   ListSetType(my_list, "join")

   print(my_array)
shows a common array again, as in 6.0.0

So - two and a half questions here:

1) Is the different typing of my_list[:] for "cat" and "join" lists =

expected behavior? What would be the rationale behind it?

2) If it turns out that both should return List objects, how will I be =

able to easily convert Lists to arrays?

Best,
Karl
-- =