Bounding Box for a panel plot using ncl 6.2.0 [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

From: Eun-Pa Lim <E.Lim_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jul 17 2014 - 01:21:41 MDT

Hi, NCL users

I've noticed that NCL 6.1.2 & 6.2.0 give an automatic draw of square bound=
ing box for a panel plot no matter of the actual shape of the plot.

The header/footer of a plot from NCL 6.2.0 looks like
%!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
%%Creator: cairo 1.12.14 (http://cairographics.org)
%%CreationDate: Thu Jul 17 17:00:15 2014
%%Pages: 1
%%DocumentData: Clean7Bit
%%LanguageLevel: 2
%%BoundingBox: 36 126 576 666
%%EndComments
%%BeginProlog

%%Trailer
end restore
%%EOF

compared to the header/footer of the same plot from NCL 6.0.0
%!PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-2.0
%%Creator: NCAR GKS
%%CreationDate: May 24 2011 03:38:37
%%BoundingBox: (atend)
%%DocumentFonts: (atend)
%%EndComments
%%BeginProlog

%%Trailer
%%DocumentFonts:
%%BoundingBox: 170 126 445 660
%%EOF

Has anyone faced the same kind of problems?

And, is there any way to fix this when I use newer versions of NCL??

Many thanks!!

Eunpa

Research Scientist
Seasonal Prediction Science Team
Centre for Australian Weather and Climate Research (CAWCR)
Bureau of Meteorology
Tel: +61-3-9669-4636
http://www.cawcr.gov.au/staff/elim/index.php