Re: problem with gsnXYFillColors

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jul 21 2014 - 14:25:08 MDT

Ipsita,

This error message is indicating that the arrays are not 1D and 2D. It's
actually a simple test that just checks if the rank of X is 2 and the rank
of Y is 1, or if the rank of X is 1 and the rank of Y is 2. If neither of
these conditions are met, then the error message occurs.

The code for calculating the rank is:

  rankx = dimsizes(dimsizes(x))
  ranky = dimsizes(dimsizes(y))

Then, rankx and ranky must be either rankx=2 and ranky=1, or rankx=1 and
ranky=2.

Please double-check your input arrays and make sure they meet this
criteria. If you continue to have problems with this, you will need to
include some code and more details about the arrays you are trying pass to
the plotting routine.

--Mary