Re: ESMF regrid problem

From: Will Hobbs <Will.Hobbs_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jul 10 2014 - 19:39:23 MDT

Hi Mary

Thanks very much for your help. At the moment I'm trying to revise my approach to avoid regridding at all, which is always preferable. Basically I'm trying to get zonal means of salinity by ocean basin and regridding to get the data onto regular lat/lon grid, but now I think a better approach would be create a basin mask for each model's grid and use that.

As well as avoiding the regrid problem (which is always computationally expensive and a potential source of error), the basin mask will have use for other applications.

Will