Re: flushing out buffer of output PS file, OLDPS vs PS

From: Karin Meier-Fleischer <meier-fleischer_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Jul 23 2014 - 07:24:14 MDT

Hi Kyle,

why don’t you use the “eps“ or "oldeps“ format directly? Then =
you don’t have to call ps2eps.

wks = gsn_open_wks("eps","test“)

or

wks = gsn_open_wks("oldeps","test“)

Bye,
Karin

Am 23.07.2014 um 14:34 schrieb Kyle Griffin <ksgriffin2@wisc.edu>:

> When you want the newer version of NCL to write the output to file, =
call delete(wks), where wks is the name of the workstation associated =
with your graphic. This is necessary regardless of the image type.

> Kyle
>
> On Jul 23, 2014 7:44 AM, "Arindam Chakraborty" <arch13@gmail.com> =
wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to convert a PS file generated within my code to EPS, from =
within the NCL function. This is possible when I use OLDPS but not (New) =
PS. A simple test says that with NewPS, the file is not written =
(populated with data) until the NCL code exists. This is not true for =
OLDPS workstation. In both cases, the PS file is of correct size/format =
once NCL exists. Possibly the PS file is not FLUSHed until NCL exists! =
I'm not very sure if this was discussed earlier. Below is the test code.